Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Requisite First Post

Hello world.

Unoriginally, I am sure, I have been inspired to create a blog after seeing a movie about blogging: Julie and Julia. It was a surprisingly delightful and entertaining flick. However, my intent is not to blog about a movie about a blog about. . .

The truth of the matter is, I love to write. My husband has been encouraging me to venture into the world of blogging for some time and I have resisted with the argument that it seems rather self-centered-- writing about one's self publicly-- as if other people really care what's going through my head. But be that as it may, I am excited to have this space in which to explore ideas and reflect on life. I've never written diligently in a journal, but that's mostly due to the annoyance of writing by hand in a small book on which my printing gets distorted on 1/3 of each page.

Topics I expect to explore on this blog include running, running pseudo-barefoot in my Vibram 5 Fingers, food, coffee, wine, tea, etc. . . , life as an anesthesiology resident (I know, fascinating), the West Coast (particularly Seattle, where I'm moving in 6 months!), New Mexico (where I currently reside), and, well, just about anything else that inspires me.

I can already see how this will be a more enticing way to spend my evenings than studying for boards. So before I get too long-winded I had better sign off and get on to the academic tasks that lay before me.

Ciao,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! so glad you've joined the blogging world. i look forward to reading many future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate - I enjoy reading whatever you have to say. I thought that I had already posted a comment but must have hit the wrong button. LYM

    ReplyDelete